Terms and Conditions
UWA Open Day competition terms and conditions
Terms and conditions apply to UWA Open Day competitions taking place on Sunday 28 March 2021.
- The Promoter of the "Activity Competition" is The University of Western Australia (ABN 37 882 817 280) of 35 Stirling Highway, Crawley, Western Australia 6009 ("UWA").
- Details on eligibility, how to enter and the prizes for the competitions are set out in these terms and conditions of entry ("Terms and Conditions"). By entering into these competitions, entrants are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- To the extent of any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and any other reference to these competitions, these Terms and Conditions prevail.
Who can enter
- Entrants must be aged twelve (12) years or older to be eligible to win.
- Employees of the Promoter are not eligible to enter these competitions.
- UWA or its contractor or agent may, in their absolute discretion, disqualify an entrant for any reason including breaching these Terms and Conditions, or acceptable or reasonable standards of safety, conduct and respect.
How to enter
- To enter the Hand-picked student pack competition, eligible persons must:
- Register for UWA Open Day;
- Complete all requested details in the registration form; and
- Comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the $250 VISA gift card competition, eligible persons must:
- Fill out a survey via follow-up email by 11.59pm Tuesday 30 March 2021;
- Complete all questions within the survey; and
- Comply with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants may not submit multiple entries to the competitions.
Prizes on offer
- The prizes are:
- Hand-picked student pack
- Apple AirPods with Charging Case (2nd Gen) – valued at $249
- Kanken backpack – valued at $145
- Uber Eats gift voucher – valued at $50
- Three-month UWA Sport Membership – valued at $310
- People between the ages of 16 and 18 years of age are only permitted to enter the Fitness Centre with signed parental or legal guardian permission. In addition to signed parental or legal guardian permission, children under 16 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times, who are required to hold their own UWA Sport membership.
- Personalised tour of UWA for you and a friend with a Guild Member – invaluable
- Industry meet and greet – invaluable
- $250 VISA gift card
- Hand-picked student pack
- The prizes are subject to the following rules:
- Participants must register their details to attend UWA Open Day for a chance to win the hand-picked student pack.
- Participants must complete the event survey via a follow-up email and complete all questions within the survey by Tuesday 30 March 2021 11.59pm for their chance to win a $250 VISA gift card.
- The prizes must be taken as stated at Clause 10 and are non-transferable, non-exchangeable and not redeemable for cash.
- If a specified prize becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may, but is under no obligation to, substitute a prize of like or equal value.
- Any tax payable as a result of the prizes being awarded or received will be the prize winners’ responsibility.
- The Promoter takes no responsibility for the loss of a prize or the inability of a prize winner to use a prize due to incorrect or imprecise delivery details provided by the prize winner or otherwise.
- The Promoter makes no representations or warranties as to the quality, suitability and/or merchantability of the prizes.
- The winner acknowledges and agrees that no other payment, cost, fee or prize is payable to the winner by the Promoter.
Open, close and draw and publish dates
- The competitions commence on 25 January 2021 at 9.00am AWST and close on 30 March 2021 at 11.59pm AWST (“Promotional Period”). Entries must be received by the Promoter during the Promotional Period to be valid. Entries received after this time will not be included in the competitions and the Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, misdirected, incorrect or invalid entries.
- The prize winners will be determined by random selection at The University of Western Australia as determined by the Brand and Marketing department.
- The winners will be notified by phone or email within five business days of the draw.
- The prizes must be claimed by the winners within 30 days of notification of winning. Winners will be required to claim their prize by collecting it from the Promoter. Details of where and how to collect the Prize will be provided by the Promoter at the time it notifies the winner. The Prizes will not be shipped or otherwise delivered to the winner.
- If the Prize is not claimed within that 30-day period, the Promoter may, at its discretion, conduct further draws at the same time of day and place as the original draw in order to distribute the unclaimed Prize. The winner of any unclaimed prize draw will be notified by phone or email within five business days of the draw and must claim the prize within 30 days of notification of winning in accordance with Clause 15. If not claimed, the Promoter may conduct further draws following expiry of that 30-day period.
Privacy and miscellaneous
- All entries become the property of the Promoter once submitted.
- By submitting an entry, the entrant acknowledges and agrees that it is giving the Promoter permission to use their entry for marketing, publicity or promotional purposes.
- Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity) whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the competitions, including, but not limited to, liabilities arising from or in connection with:
- any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant;
- redemption of the Prize; and
- participation in the competitions.
- UWA reserves the right to suspend, cancel or otherwise close the competitions earlier than is stated in these Terms and Conditions for safety, security, technical failures, weather conditions or any other causes which affect the proper administration, fairness or security of the competitions.
For more information
- For more information, contact Hannah Carlisle, Marketing Officer, Brand Marketing and Recruitment: [email protected].
The University of Western Australia